If you are paying with financial aid for rent, please follow this process.
- Otherwise, your full amount of rent is due on the respective due dates listed on your lease.
- If you are using financial aid, this process only applies to one payment. For example, if you are using financial aid for the entire year, you must follow this process for each rent charge (twice per year). If you are only using financial aid for one semester, you would only need to follow this process for that respective semester.
Please follow these steps:
- Take a screenshot of your financial aid section in your WINS portal. When you were applying for financial aid, you designated a portion of your financial aid to housing. It must state that this financial aid is designated/partially designated for housing in this screenshot.
- Submit this screenshot as a general inquiry in your resident portal/app, and state that you would like to use your financial aid for rent payment.
- Failure to submit proof of your financial aid will result in a late fee.
- Your down payment for your rent is then due on the respective due dates listed on your lease. $900 will be due on the respective due date. $800 will go towards your rent balance, and $100 will be applied to interest accrued in the grace period between your rent due date and the time you submit the remainder of your rent payment.
- The remainder of your rent payment will be due once financial aid is disbursed. If the paperwork was filed correctly and on time, your disbursement will be mid-September for the fall, and mid-January for the spring.
- We do not collect money directly from any financial aid. Financial aid will be disbursed to your account, then paid to us via the rent payment methods stated in the section above.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling 262.607.0360, or texting us on the HSI Text Message line.
Click here to log in to WINS